Saturday, March 19, 2011

More Than Friends

11 months ago I agreed to go out with a guy I liked. There were only two memorable guys before him and I don't have too much to say about them now other than that both are enemies to society and they had dark skin. It's all in the past and I can't seem to think about them very deeply even when I try to brood, because my mind is taken up with my current boyfriend.

My ideal mate could be described as dark, charming, and easily located. I like to know where the guy is at all times, as a step toward having an idea of what he's been thinking about. I like to be charmed and entertained. I like dark skin. My standards for myself, however, are negligible. I behave entirely as I choose.

For the sake of discretion I shall call myself Flora Shipyard, which is the first name/words that came to mind, and my young man: Dutch Nevada. Dutch is primarily dutch in descent, a smidgeon native american and a few quarters german and japanese. He's principled, dependable, youthful (and wonderful) but a lazy and eccentric hermit much given to addictive tendencies. Most unlikely however, is that he's white.

I've chucked a bunch of preferences overboard to go out with him. He's palefaced. He's easily located but unlike with other men, knowing what he's been up to says nothing about his frame of mind. He could charm the freckles off your face but he enjoys it too much. It seems to be his brand of teasing.

Admittedly my attitude is selfish, but that's the point of this. I'm out to possess his heart and mind and I'm not very principled about it. I know he asked if we could be more than friends, and sometimes it seems that's hardly the nature of what I'm doing, but so what?? This is how a cactus hugs back.

No comments:

Post a Comment